The mission of the Eldon Carnegie Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill the personal lifelong learning, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
The general library goals of the Eldon Carnegie Public Library shall be:
1. To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region
2. To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other services as will address their needs to:
a) become well informed
b) locate answers to important questions
c) cultivate the imagination and creative expression
d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement
e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services
3. To acquire the means to provide the most frequently requested material locally and upon demand.
4. To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking and intellectual development in individuals of any age
5. To strive consistently to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library's customers