Library Card Loans, Overdues and Lost Materials
Eldon Public Library
Policy amd Procedure
Library Card, Loan Periods, Overdue, Damaged and Lost Material Fees
1. Any adult person will be issued a library card without fee, with valid identification, upon filling out an application card. This identification must show name and current address. Driver's license, unopened mail, voter's registration or pre-printed checks will be accepted. A phone number will also be required and checked.
2. Children under age 14 will require a parent's signature. Parent's must show valid identification and be eligible for a library card. Parent's will be responsible for the child's selection and return of materials and any fines the child accrues.
3. All new patrons will be on a 3 month probation, limiting checkouts to 5 items per visit. They must follow all library procedures and may not order inter-library loans . Any infraction of the rules may result in the loss of library privileges. All library cards will be good for 3 years. To renew a card, patrons must have ID and clear any outstanding fines .
4. Loan periods will be 14 days for books, periodicals and audiobooks. It will be 21 days for the same for rural patrons. There will be a 5 day loan period for dvds and vhs tapes, with a limit of 3 per check-out. There will be a 7 day loan period for any material that has a waiting list. Inter-library loans will be for 21 days.
5. Renewals may be made by phone or in person at the library. 1 renewal for most materials. For more than 1 renewal, it will be decided on a case to case basis.
6. Material will be considered overdue on the day after the due date. However, there will be a 7 day grace period . If the items are returned in that time, there will be no fee. If they are not, fines will be calculated from the original due date. After 4 weeks, an overdue notification will be sent. Overdue fees will continue to accrue until returned or renewed.
7. Books and periodicals are 5 cents per day per item. DVD, VHS tapes and audiobooks are $1.00 per day per item. A maximum of $5.00. No library privileges until overdue items are returned and fees are paid. After 3 months there will be a bill to replace items sent by mail and attached to your application card. Lost or damaged items will be charged full list price.
We have the right to cancel all library privileges due to abuse of the policies and procedures.
Reviewed by the Board 2012